Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Berthell
    • Mar 2004

Half a Movie SonyDRX-530UL

I've had Studio 8 for a while and just got Sony DRX-530UL, made a 5 minute movie fine, backed up Jpgs fine, made a 14 minute movie and burned it and the dvd starts 9 minutes into the movie, +R and +RW. Tryed using Sonic that came with the burner, same results. The video is being created cause I looked at the saved file and have created MPEG2 and played fine but won't burn. All this was without a menu or chapters, so I went back and put a menu and chapters in, the menu burned but ch1 and 2 had the same footage and chapter 3 started in the same place that the previous burns were starting w/o menus. What gives.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) It's possible that Studio 8 is incomaptible (Vendor's site may have a patch available) with this fairly recently-released burner

2) Did you PURCHASE Studio 8, or obtain it by "other means"?

Comment

• Berthell
      • Mar 2004

Studio 8

No, it was a purchase and I have updated it. But I used an MPEG2 file of the same movie that I produced with Studio8, which plays fine in MediaPlayer and Real Player, made a movie in MY DVD and burned it with the some results.

Here's the kicker, last night I removed the menu and all the chapters then added a fresh "clip" to the front then burned to a -R and now I have a DVD. It produced what I gave it, then I used RECORD NOW! and made 9 copies. I hate when something gets fixed and I don't know why.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I hate when something gets fixed and I don't know why."

1) Be thankful for resolving the problem ;>}

2) I couldn't help but notice that you changed to DVD-R (from +R and +R/W) and your problem "disappeared"...

Comment

Working...