Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • louv68
    • Feb 2004

Pearl Harbor (Director's Cut) onto 2 DVDR's

This movie is spanned over two DVD's - disc one and disc two.
    I'd like to backup it up onto two DVDR's with minimal compression
    if any. I will copy approx 80% of disc one (Movie Only) to the first
    DVDR.

My problem is, how can I put the last 20% of disc one and the
    remaining movie on disc two to the second DVDR to play
    seamlessly?

I would prefer to use open source software if possible....tight on
    cash.

Thanks

PS I've used IFOedit and VOBedit with "not so great results"
    Any other methods would be greatly appreciated.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

In order to copy two DVD-9s (double layered) to two DVD-5s (single layered), you'll obviously have to compress the movie.

Click on the following link for information on using the excellent freeware, DVD Shrink, to accomplish this:

(You might first want to use DVD Shrink, in "Full Disk" mode, to simply compress each of the two discs - and see if the resultant quality is acceptable to you)
    Last edited by setarip; 18 Mar 2004, 05:44 AM.

Comment

• louv68
      • Feb 2004

I only want the movie though. If I want to watch the extras, I can just pop those discs in since I own the movie. My problem is as to how I can put the last 20% of disc one (movie only) and the rest of disc two (movie only again) on the 2nd DVDR seamlessly. I know I can do this with DVDShrink, but I will not get seamless playback. It will temporarily freeze between cuts. IFOedit and VOBedit haven't worked too well for me. Navigation controls are compromised when these tools are used, at least with the limited knowledge I have with VOB-ID's, Cells, etc.

Thanks

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

For seamless playback, after using DVD Shrink to create both the "20% piece" and the "second disc" piece, you can use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (Different than "TMPGEnc" and "TMPGEncPlus") to load BOTH pieces into the SAME "track"...

Comment

Working...