Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ronco
    • Feb 2004

dropped frames??wierd.!!answer?

ok,,after burning over 130 dvd's using shrink i had ONE that had a couple dropped frames..maybe from original..
    my friend just got the same burner i have and just started burning,loaned me a movie to check out and it was SO bad it froze in spots ,typicaly near the end,and was overall hard to watch..
    i redid it in shrink same as his ,,changed nothing,,and burned it and NO dropped frames i could see or freezing..
    both played in same tv setop player...
    he has a better system than i do.same burner..
    diff media....BUT i redid HIS burn and no prob..????
    he said he watched it thru his computer and no prob..
    SO,,,i guess what i am asking here is,,,,seeing that playing thru like power DVD on puter shows no faults but set top does,,
    and re-doing thru puter smooths it out to make a good burn..??
    his copy BAD,,,my copy of his copy GOOD..!!!
    WASSUP..???
    no question on computers,both up to date hi quality loaded..
    burners are NEC 2500
    tnx for any input ...
  • Mig$y
    Retired
    • Jan 2004

seems like your friend is using poorer quality media than you. Try lending him one of your blank DVDr's..... see if his results improve.

Comment

• ronco
      • Feb 2004

yes,,he prob is using poorer quality media,,,BUT i am putting HIS copy in MY player and making a copy of HIS copy from HIS media to MY media ,and it works ok .??..why would that "fix" the dropped frames and freezing .??
      tnx.......

Comment

• Mig$y
        Retired
        • Jan 2004

didn't you say in your original post that he watched it on his computer with no probs...?..... So all the files seem to be ok

Standalones can be very fussy re' media.

Comment

• ronco
          • Feb 2004

yeh,,good point there,,,my setop seems to play fine about anything but i think i will let someone else watch it on a diff player and see what happens..i am NOT going to watch this a THIRD time !!!
          suspect your prob rite tho,media.....
          i have been using as much of "brand" names i can get..most made by same co. tho it seems by id'ing the discs..
          over 130 backups and NO coasters and all seem to play fine on anything.
          he just started and got some "bargain" disks tho made by same co. as a lot of my "brand" name ones..
          hmmm...do some co.'s make diff quality to sell..??

Comment

• Mig$y
            Retired
            • Jan 2004

Bargain Discs = Coaster Land.

130 backups and not one coaster....fair play!

Get him to have a look at this link:

It will give him an idea on media quality.
            Ritek are usually very reliable

and http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers. It lets you know which media is compatable with his DVD player

......but it sounds to me as if you already have the solution for him!

Comment

Working...