X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loewe81
    • May 2004

Problem with 0kb-sized VTS_*_0.VOBs

Hello,
    I hope this categorie is the right place for my problem. And sorry for my maybe bad english
    I'm working nearly one year with programs like DVDShrink, DVD2One or IfoEdit. Since a few days I tried DVDStripper and MenuEdit. All of them are very nice programs!!!
    But now I have a big problem with backuping TV-series DVDs like "Akte-X". On the original DVD there are files VTS_2_0.VOB, VTS_3_0.VOB, VTS_4_0.VOB, all with 0kb. After reauthore this DVD for burning it to a DVD-R (4,37GB), these three files were omissive regardless of which program I use (DVDShrink, DVD2One, DVDStripper). The new DVD could I play without problems with PowerDVD on my computer. But when I try to burn it with Nero (6.0.0.15) I get an error: allocation of DVD failed because of missing these VTS_*_0.VOBs.
    Then I though, I copy them from the original DVD in the new DVD-folder, but then I get an error: size of these VTS_*_0.VOBs are not a multiple of blocksize of 2kb.
    When I ignore these error and burn the DVD, after that I can't play the DVD on my computer (I don't have a standalone player for testing).
    Did someone knew this problem or could help me?
    I hope anyone could understand it

Thank you,
    By Stefan
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

You should be able to delete those 0k vobs or try another program to burn the files. CopytoDVD won't complain or comvert to ISO and use DVD Decrypter.

Nero is very picky about DVD specification. The 0k files are dummy files and are not related to the other files. I don't know why the DVD's have them.

Comment

• Loewe81
      • May 2004

OK, thanks!!!
      I could try my burned DVD in a standalone player and it works fine. Then I have tried PowerDVD 6 and it also works fine. For burning the other DVDs I used CopyToDVD, it's very nice. And after that, these DVDs also works fine with PowerDVD XP 4.
      Can I get somewhere an update or patch to build 18xx, because I have problems with fast-forwarding on burned DVDs (with Nero 6).

Ciao Stefan

Comment

Working...