Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Smokinzx6r
    • Jun 2004

Help with the Quick DVD Backup Guide

Ok First thing is first. I have been looking at different sites, trying to find ways to do different things. This is BY FAR the BEST site I have found. I am completely impressed.

I am a newb to DVD Backing up. I admit this, However the guide I have been studying is very well worded for the average person.

This is the guide if you need to review: http://www.dvdr-digest.com/articles/18_4.html

I am having some trouble with 1 part of the guide though. Step 5. This is how it reads...

We'll now have to manually split the DVDs by copying over the rest of the files. These are the files you need to copy :
    Don't overwrite any files that IfoEdit has already copied over for you to both discs.

First of all, copy the VIDEO_TS set of files (VIDEO_TS.BUP, VIDEO_TS.IFO, VIDEO_TS.VOB - these are your "menu" files) to both "discs" (the 'Disc1' and 'Disc2' directories) if they are not there already.

Copy all VTS_XY_0.VOB (eg. VTS_05_0.VOB) and all associated IFO/BUP files (eg. VTS_05_0.IFO, VTS_05_0.BUP) over to both discs. Note that this includes the _0.VOB file for the title set you just split (but don't copy the .IFO/BUP files for this set).

If your main movie's title set is not the VTS_01 set, then you'll have to copy over this set of files to both discs.

Now put the rest of the files on disc two, since we've already calculated and split the movie so that most of it is on disc 1. The basic strategy is to put as much of the movie on disc 1 as possible, and leave disc 2 for the extra features.

Would there be anyone out there that could put this in a little simplier terms. I understand the gist of it..but I am getting confused with exactly what files to copy to where.

I hope someone can help...and again...Great site!!!

Cheers
  • Smokinzx6r
    • Jun 2004

Perhaps I should ask a few specific questions.

Copy all VTS_XY_0.VOB (eg. VTS_05_0.VOB) and all associated IFO/BUP files (eg. VTS_05_0.IFO, VTS_05_0.BUP) over to both discs. Note that this includes the _0.VOB file for the title set you just split (but don't copy the .IFO/BUP files for this set).
    Ok This is where I get confused....

It says to copy all VTS_XY_0.VOB and all associated IFO/BUP files. It then says including the _0.VOB file for the title set.

Which file is this?? And then it says don't copy .IFO/BUP files for it.

Didn't it just say to copy those??

Ok..I probably lost you on that one..LOL

What is this talking about???

If your main movie's title set is not the VTS_01 set, then you'll have to copy over this set of files to both discs.
    I'm going to stop now..because I am getting even more confused ..LOL

Hope someone can help..Cheers

Comment

• bamo
      • Jun 2004

Use dvdshrink, much easier and faster compresses to one disc and is free.This will give you more time to play around with ifoedit and friends which is a lot more complicated.If you really need to split a DVD 9 to two disc's? look here http://forum.doom9.org/

Comment

Working...