Suddenly 107D will not burn above 2x (ugly log included)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • holysin
    • Jul 2004

Suddenly 107D will not burn above 2x (ugly log included)

Hey all, *REALLY* odd problem, suddenly my machine will no longer burn dvd-R or dvd+R's at above 2x (this includes DVD+R's at 2.4x that are rated for 4x) (*VERY* annoying since that means I can't use DVD+R's now)

In the vain hopes that it's one of the M$ hot fixes (windows xp pro) I'm rolling those back to see if it works. You can see most all of the specs for my machine in the log file, I've even updated my pioneer 107D's firmware just to see if it would help. It hasn't. The burner is connected via firewire, and always has been. I've been able to burn a fair number of discs in the past at 4x (100 or so) but for the last few days, no such luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Log file from DVDSHRINK:
    (SNIP)
    Last edited by holysin; 22 Jul 2004, 06:24 PM.
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

You could do an update of your Nero. Early version of 6 was very buggy.

Nero Upgrade Center - Comparez nos produits Nero ! Mise à niveau vers la dernière version ✓ Aperçu de tous les produits Nero ✓ Caractéristiques ►Mise à niveau maintenant !

Comment

• holysin
      • Jul 2004

Update:

Hmmmm, I'll give it a shot also (couldn't hurt 'eh?). Right now I'm burning at 4x after rolling back my system to before the last 4(?) windows hot fixes and an adobe reader 6.x install. Interestingly enough the burn seems to be working. Not a good sign for the upcoming SP2...

UPDATE:

It burned perfectly at 4x. Considering I haven't updated nero yet, that tends to point that some of the M$ hotfixes bork things up. Going to update nero and then re-run the hotfixes. Will report back to save someone else having to go through this.
      Last edited by holysin; 22 Jul 2004, 06:20 AM.

Comment

• holysin
        • Jul 2004

worked!

Thanks cynthia, after updating nero, and then installing the patches I can still burn at 4x. Looks like nero 6.0 doesn't like something in the new patches, glad they fixed it before the patches came out

That or it was the reader 6, but that's a bit less likely.

Cheers!

Ben

Comment

Working...