Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • missjay
    • Jul 2004

freezind at 21%

i am a first time shrinker. my dvd decrypt stops burning at 21%.the time remaining goes to unknown for hours and if you let it go long enough a blue screen appears with a message taht the computer has shut down itself to prevent damage.

one time i got a message saying
    I/o error! device[1:1:0]DVDRW IDE10080054(f
    scsi status:0x02
    CDB:2A 00 00 07 7B 80 00 00 10 00
    interpretation:write(10)-sectors:490368-490383
    sense area:71 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 0C 00 00 00 00 00
    interpretation:write error

i have been using shrink 3.1.1.7 .i have an I/O magic dual format burner. i am using hp dvd+rw 4.7GB, tdk dvd+r and memorex dvd+r media.
    please help i am getting getting no sleep trying to figure out what is wrong!!!!!!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Try burning a DVD-R (If only to determine if the burner just doesn't "like" +R media)

2) If you've NEVER successfully burned a DVD with this burner, it may be theat the burner is faulty

Comment

• missjay
      • Jul 2004

i have already successfully burned unprotected dvd's using dvd +rw. is there anything else that might be the problem?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"interpretation:write error"

If the burner is not faulty, then the media is...

(You might want to try another brand, such as Ritek)

Comment

• missjay
          • Jul 2004

i have already tried using three different brands
          tdk dvd+rw,hp dvd+rw and memorex dvd+rw

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Again, you might want to try another brand, such as Ritek...

Comment

• Too-Cool
              • Feb 2004

I've had that blue screen thing happen to me twice within a two week period of time. Could not isolate the problem even with the help of tech support, the first time it was suggested to replace the battery which I did, you would think that fixed the problem but it didn't because a week later it happen again. What I do know is that each time it happen I had just finnish backing up a couple of disk and start to burn labels for them when the system die. Now I only back up twice before I do a refresh or restart the computer and guess what? Haven't had a shut down since. All this to say you may be taxing your system to much.

P-4
              3.0 ghz *00 FSB
              512 PC 400 DDR
              160 gb sata HD
              128 mb video
              4x LG GSA 4040B Burner
              16x DVD Rom
              SB Audigy 2 Sound Card

After each shutdown I performed a HD Scan and found no problems and no bad sectors on the drive. I also had to go into the setup and reset the boot order before I could get back into windows. The only software (Latest Version)installed before the problem is DVDINFROPRO. I think I just taxed my system to much with what I was doing at the time, or there was a glitch in my systems hardware, software or both, either or which I don't know.
              Last edited by Too-Cool; 30 Jul 2004, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Working...