Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • poptart629
    • Jul 2004

DVD Audio (Or Lack Thereof)

Hi guys!! Im Brand new to DVD Burning & to this forum and I have some questions I hope someone can answer....

I made a backup of one of my DVDs tonight using Shrink & Nero 6. Everything went ok and the Disc completed fine. I put the disc in the family DVD player and it even played (WOOHOO) but I noticed that the audio was VERRRRY low in volume. I put the disc im my PC and experienced the same issue. it's so bad that I can turn my TV all the way up and barley hear it.

Any help is greatly apprieceated

Thanks,

Michael
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"I put the disc in the family DVD player and it even played (WOOHOO) but I noticed that the audio was VERRRRY low in volume."

Did you adjust the volume for your standalone player via the remote control also?

Comment

• poptart629
      • Jul 2004

Yes. In fact I turned the various volumes up to their max levels & it almost reached a normal level. I also put the disc in my PC and experienced the same issue. My stand alone player does not have a volume ajustment for itself. I can only select the type of sound (5.1 surround, 2 ch stereo, etc) whic I tried but was not successful.

Thanks,

Michael
      Last edited by poptart629; 31 Jul 2004, 03:03 AM.

Comment

• megamachine
        Video Fiddler
        • Mar 2003

Is the volume different on the backup disk compared to the original disk? Some DVDs have low volume levels. Or do you notice a difference between the original and copy?

Comment

• poptart629
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by megamachine
          Is the volume different on the backup disk compared to the original disk? Some DVDs have low volume levels. Or do you notice a difference between the original and copy?
          There is a definate difference between the original and the backup. the original can be heard easily at normal volume levels while the backup must have the tv turned up all the way to even be heard.

Thanks,

Michael

Comment

• Billy_Black
            • Mar 2004

I just saw a similair post on another forum. The volume should be the same. What version of Shrink? Did you delete any audio streams in Shrink?

Comment

• poptart629
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Billy_Black
              I just saw a similair post on another forum. The volume should be the same. What version of Shrink? Did you delete any audio streams in Shrink?
              Its the newest version of shrink. I dont think I deleted any audio streams. I just tried the disk again and the volume is better but now it only plays thru one speaker on my Stereo reciever. I think Ill reset Shrink to its defaults and try again.....

Thanks for the input,

Michael

Comment

• Billy_Black
                • Mar 2004

It might be worth giving Shrink 3.1 a shot at this. Might be a possible bug on the latest version.

Comment

Working...