X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skinart
    • Sep 2002

Windows wont recognize format??

Hi everyone!

I have a couple of DVD's that I wish to backup, but my normal software (smartripper) will not recognize the DVD in the rom?

Even when I try and open the DVD through windows, I get a pop up that saiz Windows does not recognize the format and or the disk may be currupt!

The DVD's are brand new and work fine in my PS2 for watching.

Anyone have any idea why Windows will not recognize the DVD and or do I need a special software to read the DVD so I can back them up?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chad
  • tigerman8u
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2003

For some reason smart ripper won't recognize my burner. Try Dvdshrink or Dvddecrypter both work great for me and both are free and excellent products.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"I have a couple of DVD's that I wish to backup, but my normal software (smartripper) will not recognize the DVD in the rom?"

I see you are in Canada. Are these specific DVDs other than Region 1 DVDs?

Comment

• skinart
        • Sep 2002

Thank you Tigerman, i will give that other software a try

Hi setarip, please forgive my noobieness but I have no idea what region 1 DVD's are or what these would be.

I bought them from e bay and they are on a burnt DVD but I just want to make backups so I do not have to worry about scratches and stuff.

Weird thing is, with any other DVD, I can put it in the DVD rom and browse the files, even if windows does not have a program to open the files you can still view what is on the DVD, these DVD's will not even open in windows, it just saiz it cannot recognize the format on them.

Chad

Comment

• skinart
          • Sep 2002

Ok I tryed to rip the DVD with Dvddecrypter and this is what it tells me?

I know I only have 58gb left on this drive, but this should be enough you would think?

Look at how many bytes it saiz it needs? I aint gunna format my 3/4 tb to make it happy lol

Chad

Comment

Working...