Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bukowski
    • Aug 2004

Getting Rid of Subtitles

I have DVD files, VOB, IFO, BUP, which I'm trying to burn. I can burn them fine, but when I watch the DVD, there are subtitles; I think they're Dutch, which show up across the bottom of the video image.

When I watch the VOB files individually on my computer with PowerDVD, there are no subtitles. I've tried turning the subtitles off in the DVD menu when I watch the DVD, but to no avail. Do I need to edit the IFO files or something?

All help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Have you tried turning them off via the standalone DVD player's remote control?

Comment

• bukowski
      • Aug 2004

Yes, I've tried that. The funny thing is that, like I said, the subtitles appear to be Dutch...they're not German, but very similar; that's why I think they're Dutch...but that's not even one of the subtitle language options in the menu.

That's why I asked about editing the IFO files...I think they may have been edited previously and that's why these subtitles are showing up when I view the DVD...I'm kinda new to this so I'm speculating based on information I've gathered on the web.

Comment

Working...