Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neonstorm7
    • Dec 2003

Manually select .vob and .ifo files...

Can someone help me here? I'm a little confused about .vob and .ifo files.

I'm trying to take a movie that has been 'DVD Shrunk' and manually select the .vobs and .ifos I need to get rid of menus and special features, etc. so I can use Dr. Divx to convert them to .avi and watch them on my iPAQ.

The point of this is to try and avoid having to go back and reauthor old movies, and save alot of time this way if possible.

Is it possible, or is reauthoring the only way?

Thanks!
    Ryan
  • dragon1976
    • Aug 2004

Yes, it`s possible...

Try TMPGEnc, this will make you a .d2v file, after you rip the DVD with this, go to DVD2AVI and make your .avi file for your iPAQ.

Check out this link buddy, it will make you really happy:

***Things to watch out for***

1. First try making a really small clip from TMPGEnc which will be ¨(.d2v) to (.avi) format, this way you can determine the quality settings you want and how to split your clips, depending on how much space you want to take from your iPAQ.

2. Make sure you have the latest version of VFAPI plugin, that would be after downloading DVD2AVI (it`s all in that tutorial) you`ll have a link there to download it, and don`t worry if you open VFAPI and it displays in chinese or japanese(sorry for being ignorant on knowing the difference, don`t want to insult anyone)

Any questions come up....let me know anytime via mail or msn:
    aragoneldragon@hotmail.com

Good luck on your journey

Comment

• neonstorm7
      • Dec 2003

Thanks!!

Thanks for the response!! I'll check it out...

Ryan

Comment

Working...