Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raymnd7
    • Oct 2004

backing up a back up

New to Shrink. Everything is great but I cannot make a backup from a backup. Any solutions?
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

What problem does it give you?

Comment

• raymnd7
      • Oct 2004

I have dual drives & I have tried using Nero alone, just using "Copy Disc" selection under the DVD tab.

I also tried using DVD shrink the same way that I burn an original DVD. It will encode & burn up to about 98%, then gives me the "backup failed" message.

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"I have dual drives & I have tried using Nero alone, just using "Copy Disc" selection under the DVD tab."

Did you simply try and "Copy" the contents of the original DVD to your HD and just burn a "New" copy with Nero?

Comment

• raymnd7
          • Oct 2004

I know that will work, but the contents get erased when I burn a different disk after that, and I do not want to keep all the past contents on my HD.

I just want to copy a burnt copy from my collection at a later date.

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

"but the contents get erased when I burn a different disk after that"

That’s why I said "COPY" the contents of your "Burnt" copy to your HD, burn a "New" copy, then erase the DVD-related files off your HD from the original disk. There is no need to amass the files on your HD once you have them on disk in the first place.

Comment

Working...