Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eruanne
    • Oct 2004

too many options!

I've been working with digital video for a while now, but I've never burnt anything. My current problem is this:

I have 21 AVI files, each about 350 MB. I can put several on one disc, right?

I've been reading about the different methods of burning. I have lots of options open, and I don't know which is better.

I have both DVD+R, 4.7 GB and CD-R music 80 min/700 MB discs. I have a DVD-RW/CD-RW combo drive. It would be nice to be able to play it on a DVD player (I'm not sure if my home one plays XVID or not), but if it wouldn't play on a standard DVD player, it would still play on my computer, right?

For software, I have Alcohol 120% (but I've only ever used it to mount cue/bin files), Nero, and some that came with my computer (muvee and RecordNow). I don't mind getting something I don't have if I need it though.

My goal is mostly to get it on the smallest number of discs. Quality isn't that important. I mean, TV quality is fine, or whatever. It's not perfect as it is.

So between all the VCD, SVCD, XVID, etc ...I'm pretty confused. Also, do I use DVD-R or CD-R discs? *feels like a newbie*

If someone could recommend which formats and such they think are best, I'd be forever grateful. I may need help actually burning it, but I'll deal with that when I get to it.
    Last edited by eruanne; 13 Oct 2004, 10:06 AM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

In response to your edited post:

For playback on your PC, there is no need to convert the .AVI files. Simply use NERO to burn in "Data DVD" mode - and place as many as will fit onto one DVD...
    Last edited by setarip; 16 Oct 2004, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• eruanne
      • Oct 2004

Sorry. Better?

Comment

• Floppy

Sorry, Er!

No!

Comment

Working...