X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gbw081
    • Oct 2004

nero data read error

hey guys,
    I am using a demo version of nero on my laptop (ver 6.0..) and am wondering why when i try to burn a dvd it keeps telling me data read error. My desktop gives me problems encoding and now my laptop gives me trouble burning...On the lap top there is no problem encoding. But when i burn with nero it gets about 12% and tells me there is a data read error with every dvd i try to copy. I have used dvdshrink and dvd decrypter to put the files on my hd? Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks

Windows xp
    512 mb ram
    pioneer dvd-rw 2.4x
    64 gb hd

• cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

Insted of using your outdated Nero - use DVDDecrypter for burning.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"I am using a demo version of nero on my laptop (ver 6.0..)"

"But when i burn with nero it gets about 12% and tells me there is a data read error with every dvd i try to copy."

In addition to the fact that the version of NERO that you are using is terribly flawed, the consistency of your problem may be indicative of either a hardware (burner) problem or poor quality media...

Comment

• cynthia
        Super Moderatress
        • Jan 2004

Re: nero data read error

Originally posted by gbw081
        I have used dvdshrink and dvd decrypter to put the files on my hd?
        Have you transfered your original DVD to your hard disk using DVDDecrypter and then your are using DVDShrink on the files that are on your hard disk? Don't really get you.

Comment

• gbw081
          • Oct 2004

When i try to decrypt it works fine, but sometimes the movie alone is too big to try to burn, for example the godfather. When i try to decrypt it in file mode (just the movie) it is still too big so then i try to shrink it with dvd shrink. Is that not correct?

Another question, how do you burn with decryter? I try to use the write button and it cant find the file. I am a little confused on this?

Thanks you guys.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"When i try to decrypt it in file mode (just the movie) it is still too big so then i try to shrink it with dvd shrink. Is that not correct?"

Yes, that's correct...

"Another question, how do you burn with decryter?"

DVD Decrypter is ONLY capable of burning .ISO image files (one file represents the entire contents of the DVD)...

Comment

• gbw081
              • Oct 2004

it took me a minute to realize that i had to register with the link that cynthia gave me. I followed the instructions of the link and tried to burn with decrypter and it said data read error..cyclicc redundancy?? I havent had time to try to search for those answers so i will now. Thanks for the inpu guys, we will get there.

Comment

• gbw081
                • Oct 2004

After searching, what do i do if the toothpaste cleaning didnt work, because it did not?
                Thanks again.

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

"what do i do if the toothpaste cleaning didnt work, because it did not?"

"When i try to decrypt it works fine"

Use DVD Decrypter to "rip" the DVD to your hard drive in "File" mode - and from the "Edit" dropdown menu, select "All files" (NOT "movie files").

Then use DVD Shrink to "Open files" (NOT "Open Disk") - and select "VIDEO_TS.IFO"

Comment

Working...