Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwbear
    • Nov 2004

DVD Player comes up with a Password on it

I recorded one of my 6 CD's for this Horse Training package I bought. I have had a few that copied fine and worked and they all work in my computer DVD player, but some work and some don't in my DVD player hooked to my TV.

The ones that don't come up with a screen that has the following

Password:_ _ _ _

on it and it won't play.

I have tried recording them using Entire CD and without. but the ones that are recorded without Entire Cd mode don't have the chapters coming up on the screen like the original.

They all play in my DVD player on my computer.

Any reason why some play and others have the error on them that gives me the password problem??

jwbear
  • Floppy

Hi

Maybe you or someone as set up Parental Control on your DVD and the content on that CD/DVD is being blocked by it...

Never know a DVD player to ask for a password otherwise...

Would u click on the vote link on my signature please, its a multiple option, free, and no strings attached, no information about yourself will be collected or needed....

Good Things

Comment

• jwbear
      • Nov 2004

Got it

I just played around and this is what happened.

I just load the dvd and it would hang up and give me this password problem.

Then I thought hmmmmmmmm...

What I have found out throughout my computer learning time is that if something doesn't work try something else.

So this time I thought as soon as it goes in I will press the menu button....BINGO it cam up and was fine.

So thinking it was a fluke I tried it again the old way and it hung up soooo I opened the tray and closed it again and hit play...BINGO it worked sooooo

the secret is to do something as soon as the DVD is closed and is in loading mode

Thanks

jer

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Your workaround solution is indicative of a problem with your standalone DVD player. You might want to try your "problematic" DVDs on another, or several other, standalone player(s)...

Comment

• cynthia
          Super Moderatress
          • Jan 2004

Have you turned on the feature "childrens lock"? The only thing that could ask for a password on a stand alone player.

Comment

• Floppy

It would be nice that we get feedback to our suggestions on the reply from the concerned people who seek help, this way the problem can be narrowed down.

There is no point just mulling thru, or is there?

Comment

Working...