Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bruckyj
    • Nov 2004

DVD backup info

I need some info on a problem. Occasionally when I make a DVD backup the backups will have playback problems where the audio and video start to glitch and freeze. I noticed that taking the DVD out and putting it in a different DVD player sometimes results in perfect playback. I originally thought it might be the Imation DVD-R's but I switched to Fuji and the situation improved but I still get a glitch here and there. I then thought it might have been the transcoding in CloneDVD 2 but it also does it with movies less than 4.7GB that were not transcoded. Is it possible that CloneDVD is causing my problem ? I now use Pinaccle Instant Copy now for any movie that I have that needs to be transcoded and it seems better but I was wondering about movies less than 4.7GB that do not need transcoding. I would like to copy just the main movie without processing the movie files like CloneDVD did. If the main movie is less than 4.7GB can I just rip and burn without processing them like CloneDVD did ? I noticed the BUP,IFO and VOB's are all modified from thier original size but I modified the language and subtitles. Would that cause the files to have to be processed. If I just kept all the languages and subtitles would that mean that no modification of the files needs to take place ? If so which files do I grab and what should I use to burn the dvd? I use either Smartripper of DVD Decrypter. Thanks
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

Could test this program - It's freeware.

DVD Shrink is a free and user-friendly dvd backup tool, enabling you to make backup copies of your DVDs to a single DVD±R/RW or Dual-Layer DVD+R. DVDs too big to fit on a DVD±R can be edited and/or compressed. DVDShrink.info does not condone the copying of DVDs in countries where it is illegal.

Comment

Working...