Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clarkkent
    • Nov 2004

Recoding dvds with errors

I have borrowed a dvd (dvd+r) from work and it fails to play on my stand-alone dvd player. It plays fine in the PC though so I used Nero recode to copy it to a dvd-r (assuming the disc format was the problem). The new copy however, behaves in the same way as the first one. Does anyone have a clue on how to make the dvd work. The disc brand I used for the copy is one that normally works fine in the standalone player. Of course Nero doesn't really recode the film since it is only 1 GB long. How can I force a recoding?
  • de Witte
    DVD & Pink Floyd Fan
    • Jul 2004

look for player compatibility:

and check if your DVD player can play DVDR at all.

If Not .... buy a new one.
    If yes .... see what it can play and buy good media and try again. first RWs so you don't waste to much money.
    Last edited by de Witte; 12 Nov 2004, 11:03 PM.
    Klaas

P4 2.4GHz FSB533, 256MB mem, HD 80Gb ,RICOH MP5240 (DVD+),Win98se

Comment

• clarkkent
      • Nov 2004

My question was meant to be general: I you receive a dvd that you cannot play in your standalone player but it works in the PC, is there a way of converting the dvd? Buying a new brand of dvds does not really solve the problem, nor buying a new dvd player (since the same problem can occur on that one...)

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Copy the DVD to your hard drive, then use NERO in "DVD-Video" mode to create a new DVD...

Comment

Working...