Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Care
    • Nov 2004

Problems with end of disk

HI! This is my first post, but I've been lurking around for a while.
    I have seen that others are having the same problem as I am, wich is pausing, pixelation, and sometimes just skipping at the end of DVDs. Mine doesn't happen with every DVd but I'd say 60% of them.
    Now at first I thought it was my burner, so I bought a new one (LG 12x Super Multi DVD Rewriter) I've tried all different media, and the better ones that were recomended for my burner messed up just as much as the cheap ones. But when picking media, do you try to find something to best work with the burner or player?
    This problem happens when I use DVD X Copy Gold or platinum, and DVD Shrink and Nero. So I have uninstalled everything and only re-installed Nero 6 (I don't remember if it's 6.6 or something smaller, I'll check) and DVD shrink. Same problem.
    The thing is that some of the DVDs are really bad in one player, but not the other.
    Most of the DVDs I back up are episode DVDs so maybe it's a compression thing.
    Sorry to go on and on, I'm just really frustrated. Is there anybody who can please give me sugestions?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

To determine the capabilities/limitations of your specific brand and model of standalone DVD player, as well as media compatibility, go to:

Comment

• cynthia
      Super Moderatress
      • Jan 2004

To find out if it is in the burning process or in the playing process you have your problem - do this test;

Download www.dvdinfopro.com (freeware) insert one of your burned disc and selelct the option "Test your media for CRC read errors" - if you only get green dots you know that your burning is ok and it is the player that causes the problem. If you get any read dots - you know something else.

Comment

• Care
        • Nov 2004

Thanks! I'll check those out.

Comment

• Care
          • Nov 2004

I ran the media test and it was all green.
          I am looking through all the info on DVD players and media at DVDRhelp, and there is a lot of conflict when trying to find media that works great with both my DVD players. I'm going to get some RICOH or Taiyo Yuden media since it seems like the best compatibility. Hopefully there will be no more problems. Thanks again for the help!

Comment

Working...