Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kevinmdujnic
    • Dec 2004

I got a sony dvd burner external drx-710ul and it freezes

i got a sony drx-710ul external and it freezes up when it goes to burn the dvd. I have 1.47 ghz procc. and the boxes on the sony calls for 1.6 ghz or higher. will this still work with my 1.47 ghz. i got a 15 pack of maxell dvd -r and i on;y got 3 good burmes out of 15. is the proccess the problem and can i upgrade it. please someone let me know. i'm using usb port 2.0 so i know that not the problem. if you can help me than that would be great.

kevin
  • charlypuss
    • Nov 2004

Hi, The required processor speed stated on the box is normaly the minimum for optimum speed /quality ect. They will normally work with a lower speed proc, but can get horribly slow...
    Have you tried another type of media ? 3 out of 15 is bad news. my norm is around 1 bad in a couple of hundred.
    You said you are using USB port 2... by that do you mean the USB2 port, because they are normally associated with higher processor speeds than the one you are using. Normally they are backwardly compatable with USB 1.1.
    Try playing a normal DVD in the burner. It could be the cable is u/s.
    If it ain't afloat .... It's sunk .... If it ain't broke.... leave it alone.... I was once indecisive....Now I'm not sure....

I'm old enough to know better...BUT...too young to give a toss...

Comment

Working...