Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jorsan
    • Oct 2004

Problem creating DVD

I have create a project in Adobe Premiere 6.0 out of two .avi-files. I have saved the final output as mpeg2 since .avi became too large. I choose PAL MPEG2 option as Video type, with frame size 720x576, Video bitrate 6000 and Video encoder quality 35.

Now I am trying to create a dvd with menus and what not in Pinnacle Studio 8 but it won't accept my mpeg-files. How do I do to create a dvd? Am I using the wrong format?
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

I can't see what's wrong from those numbers but also not heard of anyone making a DVD in Pinnacle

To quote Setarip:
    One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" (or "TMPGEncPlus") to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
    (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• Jorsan
      • Oct 2004

Thanks sfheath for your quick reply.
      What program do u use to burn DVDs? I want to burn a DVD with to film clips and two folders with images and a nice menu to choose from...

Comment

• Jorsan
        • Oct 2004

Thanks sfheath for your quick reply.
        What program do u use to burn DVDs? I want to burn a DVD with to film clips and two folders with images and a nice menu to choose from...

Comment

• sfheath
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Sep 2003

I do in fact use TMPGEnc DVD Author myself. For WinXP/2000 it has a built in burner app.
          I'm not sure what you mean by two folders of images. It can certainly take in two separate clips amd make them chapters.
          If you mean stills then I think that's beyond the scope of this app.
          This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• Jorsan
            • Oct 2004

Yes I do mean still images (.jpg).
            I have a rookie question you might be able to answer for me. When I create an .mv2 file a .wav file is also created. When I am watching the .mv2 file in WinDVD no sound is on. Aren't these two files linked in any way?

I tried to create a dvd in a trial version of ReelDVD but that program could not handle .wav files. I am downloading a trial version of the TDA program now...

Comment

Working...