X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slinx
    • Dec 2004

Backup large DV files (>4.5Gb) to DVD

Hi guys,

I'll use my usual introduction - total noob here!

I have captured DV AVI footage to my HD, but with space becoming an issue I want to back up the data to DVD.

As the files are greater than 4.5Gb I need to split these across mutple DVD's.

What is the best procedure for this task? I use Nero Streetsmart for burning...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

If not a lot more than 4.5 you could write to a DVD folder, then DVD Shrink it, but the easiest might be (not knowing Streetsmart) to cut the video in an editor to size.
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" (or "TMPGEncPlus") to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
      (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

Working...