Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DVDX2
    • Nov 2004

FlexPlay 48Hr dvd

Amazon is now selling the New Flexplay 48Hr dvd, I was wondering can these New type of DVD's be backed up and burned ??

• admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Interesting questions - I would certainly want to know more about these kinds of discs. I suspect they are just like normal DVDs but with an expiration time - they could use technology to prevent playback on PCs though. If they can be ripped, it would almost be like movie studios providing people with an even better way to pirate movies.
    Last edited by admin; 21 Dec 2004, 04:53 PM.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• cynthia
      Super Moderatress
      • Jan 2004

If a normal DVD player can read them - I can't believe that they can't be ripped - as long as you do it in 48h. The "darking" coat will not be effective until after that time and preventing any further reading of the layer under that coat.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

To cynthia

"If a normal DVD player can read them - I can't believe that they can't be ripped - as long as you do it in 48h."

It IS conceivable that they can be read by a standalone, but not by a PC.

CDs of this type were created a year or so ago, with a blank Track -0-. If I remember correctly, SONY spent more than $1,000,000US developing this "foolproof" protection. In less than one week, someone discovered that with the careful use of a felt tip pen to "color in" the Track -0-, the protection was overcomne and the CD was then readable by a PC...

Comment

Working...