Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • What Bog Sends
    • Sep 2004

Clarifying something about DVD-RW

I just got a DVD+-RW drive for Christmas, and I need to ask a few questions.

Can I download some AVI files, burn them to a DVD-RW, watch them on my TV, then wipe it and burn new files onto the same disc?

Do I need to convert it to MPEG or anything? What software can I use to do this? This question is complicated by the fact that I am a Linux user (MDK10.1 KDE).

Can I burn some data files (text and the like) to a DVD, them add some video files, and have the video work on the tele and the data on my PC?

Thanks. I've done alot of searching, but I really can't find out anything useful without talking to humans.
  • Floppy

To yur first question yes but you will need to convert them unless you DVD player supports the .AVI files and yes the DVD player must also read your disks.....

About Linux software I have no idead about converters and stuff but Im sure there is loads about....

About you last question, it depends, on my experience on your DVD player mine will show a menu and the choices, some will not... Have a try (the best way to learn)

later

Comment

Working...