Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • standard
    • Dec 2004

Is this different?

The way that Decrypter rips my DVDs and then I shrink them wont allow them to play on my Sony DVD player that cost me a lot but it plays fine on my kids ****ty Emerson that I bought him. Is there some kind of setting problem?

It is weird for Star Wars Bonus Disc I backed one upf or him I checked it on mine didnt work got a "dirty disc" error but works on his just fine...

Also these Cyclical Refundury errors is there somethign wrong because for example teh Star Wars disc got this with shrink so I ripped it with decrypter then I shrunk it and burned it with Nero just fine all I had to do was omit the IO errors and it works...I dont like using decrypter cos it adds like 20 mins to the total process so is there somethign I can do with shrink thatll omit me having to do this for these damn Refundry errors

I have a Sony 710-DUA with firmware up to date so I dunno whats the problem
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"Is there some kind of setting problem?"

To check the compatibilities/limitations of your standalone player with regards to specific types of media visit:

Comment

• standard
      • Dec 2004

Thanks but why would it not just work with decrypter ripped dvd's? I read in that site that my player cannot play region free DVDs so is there a way to get a region using decrypter so this doesnt happen?

Is there a way to ignore those errors so I can rip with Shrink since thats 20/20 thus far into my collection?

And I serached the site and cannot ifnd a good answer to get rid of these CR errors and lastly on the website ormonde sent me it shows Sony players which I understood as big DVD+R people having players that dont play +R why is that? Is it better to use -R for a movie or +R? I used +R at first so thats all I have been using am I wrong?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I read in that site that my player cannot play region free DVDs so is there a way to get a region using decrypter so this doesnt happen?"

1) In DVDDecrypter, from the "Tools" dropdown menu, select "IFO".

2) Select "Region Patch"

3) Select the appropriate Region number (1 for US and Canada) - Select the VIDEO_TS.IFO. Click on "OK". You'll see a "successful patch" message.

4) Select "Region Information" - Select the VIDEO_TS.IFO. Click on "OK". You will see that it is now a Region 1 DVD;>}

Comment

• ormonde
          Digital Video Explorer
          • Dec 2003

"Is it better to use -R for a movie or +R? I used +R"

There is no "Qualitative" difference between (+) or (-) media - only a "Compatibility" issue. The only difference that’s noticeable is the fact that -R media hold a bit more information than +R.

Comment

• standard
            • Dec 2004

awesome setarip now my last region question since this sony for example wont play region free...is there dvd players who dont play region 1? Just because i dont want to run into problems if I buy another DVD player...

Comment

• standard
              • Dec 2004

In response to Ormonde

why does the website below say +R hold more?

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"awesome setarip"

My pleasure ;>}

"now my last region question since this sony for example wont play region free...is there dvd players who dont play region 1?"

If the DVD player is purchased in the US or Canada, it will play Region 1 DVDs...

Comment

Working...