X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • standard
    • Dec 2004

Things I need to know...help...please? heh

I have a Sony DUA-710 16X write speed

I want the most excellent quality I can get so I just found out that Philips uses CMC from some website and I am gettign perfect quality am I gonna find a lot of bad ones in this 50 spindle (since i cant return it might as well use it right?)?

What blank media should I buy for the best quality and from white website?

For quality alone DVD-R or DVD+R -- I have looked at numerous websites and I am still hella confused...

Longevitiy of a backed up DVD?

If a DVD goes in 2-3 players and it works and I can see perfect quality and sound and skip through chapters just fine is this a good marker that this backup is Perfect?

Some questions I just need answers because I do not want to invest more $$ if I am going to be wasting it is all...
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

See my response to your other (Duplicate)posting.

(Duplicate posting is a violation of the rules of these forums)

Comment

• dgs2001
      • Dec 2004

"I have a Sony DUA-710 16X write speed

I want the most excellent quality I can get so I just found out that Philips uses CMC from some website and I am gettign perfect quality am I gonna find a lot of bad ones in this 50 spindle (since i cant return it might as well use it right?)?

What blank media should I buy for the best quality and from white website?"

I also have a Sony DVD Writer Model DRU 700 Which is I believe the one before yours,
      I can say that I do have issues with Ritek Discs which most people say are excellent.
      They tend to write ok but usually the end of the disk gets jumpy and freezes.
      Having put several of these through DVD Info Pro, (a program I don't fully Understand YET) it would appear that the final area of the disks are not good.

However I can report that Datawrite classics either printable or not and both (+) and (-) formats seem excellent in a sony recorder with only of couple of coasters out of maybe 60 writes.

-setarip- My appologies if this response should be on another thread, please feel free to move it

Comment

Working...