Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • InvalidUserID
    • Jan 2005

Stuck on writing lead-in/lead-out

Hello guys, hopefully you guys can help a newb from freaking out. I'm at work so I don't have any #s or exact details.

About a week ago, I bought an HP dvd630e external dvd-writer. Since then, I've been using dvdshrink 3.2 (latest Nero is also on the computers). I've successfully copied about 6-7 dvds with no problems.

I've been using my laptop (Dell Inspiron 8600) but decided to try it with my desktop (Dell Dimension 4700). A firmware update was offered for the dvd-writer so I allowed the firmware update.

I tried to back-up Kill Bill 2 (after using dvd-decrypter to copy to HD) and it just got stuck using shrink at "writing lead-in". I had to unplug the writer because it wouldn't respond after 20 minutes. Then I quit DVD Shrink because it was not responding. So I tried Day After Tommarow using just shrink, it went fine until it got to 100% burn and writing lead-out. Same problem: dvd writer light blinking, but it was just sitting there. Had to unplug, quit non-responsive dvd-shrink. To my surprise, the DVD plays fine...I just had to unplug and quit everything

So now I'm freaked, is my DVD writer broken? I tried The Girl Next Door on my laptop this time and it went fine. Burn successful, everything good.

Maybe I just need to uninstall/reinstall shrink on the desktop? Sorry for the long post guys.
  • InvalidUserID
    • Jan 2005

I went back to HP.com to check on info on the firmware update. I guess I needed to have an optional program that came on the install disc installed for the firmware.

After installing the optional program, the two backups afterwards went fine.

I know, I'm still a newb. Is there a guide on ISO, images and mounting. I'm so lost.

Comment

Working...