Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rebel985
    • Jan 2005

Sony, HP, or I/O Magic????

Ok, my last thread said that i am having lots of trouble with freezing up. Jmet has ran me through alot of things, and has helped alot, but now i am going to go to circuit city and swap the burner out for a different one, just to see what happens. Out of HP, Sony,.......Which should i get?? I personally like Sony, but thats me...

I guess majority rules!! Thanks everyone for replys!!!

Rebel
  • TRI0N
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Dec 2004

Yeah I would choose Sony DRU-710A.. If you decide to get it then update the Firmware since the drive will be out of the box with BY01 and BYX2 is on the Sony site.
    Cheers!

TRI0N

Comment

• Rebel985
      • Jan 2005

Is that a external model?? To make this clear, i am hooking it up to a laptop, so it has to be a external.....

Comment

• VideoRoy
        • Jan 2005

710a is internal, 710ul is external of the same drive.

BTW something is going on with the firmware BYX2. Sony pulled it from the USA website and I have had some dead end chats with tech support as to why.

Here is a thread on another forum you may want to check out.

DRU-710a Review

Comment

• Rebel985
          • Jan 2005

Ok thanks for the reply.

I didnt even get either one. I thought that was the only 2 to choose from where i went, but i found another brand called liteon.
          I had I/O magic, and wasent too happy. So now i will try this and save the Sony or HP for last resort. Especially that it is about 60 dollars higher than these. So if i can get one of these cheaper ones to work, then i may save a few dollars. Guess its a bit of a gamble. I am just tired of the freeze ups, and i am trying everything possible.

Thanks for the replys!!!!!

Rebel

Comment

• VideoRoy
            • Jan 2005

Actually the 710a is a lite-on and I believe that makes the 710ul a lite-on as well since they use the same FW. I found a pretty good deal on the 710a at $60 dollars online. Seems to work well except for the FW flip-flop.

Which lite-on model did you get?

Comment

Working...