Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrFresh
    • Nov 2001

Need help Reauthoring a two disc movie

I have a two disc DVD that I want to reauther/recode. It's a two disc double layer. On disc one is the first part of the movie (about 2/3) on the second the second part (the remaining 1/3) and alot of extras that I want to skip.

Now I thought I could join the two movie parts. Then cut it in two equally large parts, and shrink (dropping DTS audio and some subs) the two parts to fit on two DVDR's.

Now I managed to rip using Smart Ripper. To join using VobEdit, and recreate IFO's using IfoEdit.

But the Color of subs is all green. So I need help to fix color of the subs.

And then I actually don't know how to split the new vobs into two new vob sets in order to shrink. I know how to shrink

(I also have problem playing the joined vobs, as it is in 11 parts. Don't know if I should strip DTS and subs before joining)

Any help - PLEASE!

Thanks!

Dr. Fresh
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Re-post your question in the DVD Shrink-specific sub-forum(s) here (and then delete this one) - and read the many similar questions and posted responses there (and the "FAQ")...

(It's far simpler to do the joining from within DVD Shrink)

Comment

• DrFresh
      • Nov 2001

Sorry. I posted it here because I don't like the way DVDShrink compresses. Quality isn't very good. I prefer using CCE. And I don't want two titles on the final DVD, but the movie as one title.

So what I'm looking for is a way to join two parts of a movie originally on two separate discs to one movie, and then use DVD2DVD-R (that compresses using CCE) to create a compressed one disc movie.

Also a guide on how to join a movie split like mine e.g. 2/3 on disc one and 1/3 on disc one to a full movie and then cut it again but to two equal parts e.g. 1/2 + 1/2 to be burned on two discs.

Dr. Fresh

Comment

Working...