X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guguriu
    • Feb 2005

large mpeg-2 on dvd

Hello,

I have a large mpeg-2 file (> 2Gb) and a seperate srt subtitle file. I want to see the movie on my dvd-player where I can select a seperate srt subtitle for the movie. (it's a philips divx player). Problem is that I have to burn a UDF dvd to get the large mpeg on it.
    My dvd-player can read the dvd, play the movie, but in the menu I can't select the srt file. Normaly I see an icon of a textballoon which implies it is a subtible (it has ofcourse the same name as the mpeg).
    But if I put the burned UDF dvd in it, the player doesn't recognize the srt file and gives a question mark as icon. I can't select it as subtitle for the movie. I think this happens because of the UDF format and not ISO, because normaly I burn divx movies on a cd in ISO format. Then my player recognizes the srt file as a subtitle and displays it during the movie.
    I tried to convert the mpeg to divx, but my system crashed. This is another problem I have to solve, but until that time I hope somebody has a solution for now so I can watch that movie.

btw, I can watch the movie perfectly on my computer using VobSub to show the subtitles, but I want to watch it on tv...
Working...