Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vltrscrpn
    • Feb 2005

Problems with Desperado! HELP!

I can't seem to backup my 'Desperado' using DVD Shrink. I open up DVD Shrink with 'Desperado' in my disc drive and click 'Open Disc'. Once it gets to around 37% it errors out. Can anyone help me with this problem? It would be greatly appreciated
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

What is the exact error you get?

Comment

• vltrscrpn
      • Feb 2005

The error i got says:

"DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue

Failed to read "D:\"

Data error (cyclic redundancy check)"

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

Quoted by: setarip

It's one of three things, either its dirty, scratched, or poorly authored.

If its dirty, clean it then retry to rip it.
        If it is scratched, you might be out of luck (Depending on how bad its scratched and where the scratches are. Being able to play (watch) it, and rip it are two totally different processes.) You can use DVD Decrypter. In the "I/O" tab of the settings of DVD Decrypter, put a check mark in the box that says "Ignore Read" errors.

A CRC error indicates that there's a problem with the physical DVD, scratched, dirty, Peanut Butter and Jelly that DVD Shrink cannot resolve. First, try cleaning the DVD. If DVD Shrink still generates this error:

Try using the latest version of DVD Decrypter. The latest Version is Currently: Version 3.5.2.0

Use DVD Decrypter to "rip" the DVD to your hard drive in "File" mode - and from the "Edit" dropdown menu, select "All files" (NOT "movie files").

Then use DVD Shrink to "Open files" (NOT "Open Disk") - and select "VIDEO_TS.IFO" or the actual "VIDEO_TS" folder.
        A good tutorial on how to accomplish this is located here: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=45238

Comment

• vltrscrpn
          • Feb 2005

Alright I'll give that a try. Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...