Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Triumphdog
    • Jan 2005

Advice Please...

Ok. Im really new to this entire dvd back up thing. I started using DVD X Copy Platinum but didnt care for it much. I started using Decrypter and Shrink and I love them. It seems though that when I burn a movie that it will sometimes skip or stutter for a quick second then continue, while other times it pauses and I will need to tap fast foward one time (like scan foward one second) then it will be fine. Ive heard that we are not suppose to burn at the max speed because it causes errors. Could this be my problem? I have it set to max because I do no know where else to set it to. This is my exact pc http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....2&type=product . So maybe someone can tell me what I should set the burn speed to? Or if anyone has had simiular problems they could give some advice? Thanks for any help...
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"maybe someone can tell me what I should set the burn speed to?"

No higher than 4X. Also, make certain that while burning, you are not running any unnecessary programs (background or foreground, including Internet-related).

Additionally, the problems you've described could be the result of using low quality burnable media. To determine the capabilities/limitations of your DVD burner, as well as media compatibility, go to:

(If necessary, open the Device Manager in the Control Panel to determine the make and model number)

To determine the capabilities/limitations of your specific brand and model of standalone DVD player, as well as media compatibility, go to:

Comment

• Triumphdog
      • Jan 2005

thanks my the help...

Well that is what is running while I burn, excluding aim.

I am using Memorex media, which I heard it cheap. Is TDK a good media to use? I guess I should go for quality and not quantity in DVD-R huh?

Comment

Working...