Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaycute
    • Feb 2004

please help. Thank you.

Is there any way to burn a dvd-r disk including bad sectors so it cannot be copied easily or is there any way to burn
    any dvd-r disk using regular burning software so it can’t be copied easily?

Thank you.
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

I do not understand what you are asking.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

i'm guessing no.....(put a scratch through it?)
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Mig$y
        Retired
        • Jan 2004

Jaycute>

Are you trying to encrypt video or data? I'm not really sure why you would want to Encrypt a personal backup of a DVD...

If data do a Google for "Blowfish Encryption" or "The Blowfish Algorithm"

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Sure, if your only concern is copying using a PC (Not a standalone DVD copying system).

1) Burn only to R/W media
          2) Include an autorun file that calls an also included "quick erase" program, IF it is determined that something other than a PLAYER-ONLY program (such as PowerDVD) is being used to access the media.
          3) NO - I won't tell you how to encode the items indicated in 2) above for two reasons:

A) If you're planning on distributing copies of commercial DVDs, that's illegal

B) If you're intending to produce DVDs with your original content for sale, you should contact the companies that create encryption for commercial DVDs. (The cost will probably be in excess of $10,000)

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

jaycute

If you are indeed looking to "Encrypt" removable media such as CDs or DVDs, look into a program such as "Safeboot" or "DriveCrypt Plus Pack"

Comment

• jaycute
              • Feb 2004

thanks for the help as well as the advice guys.

peace.

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

I'm afraid that, based on the product descriptions (see below) regarding the two encryption programs suggested by "ormonde", you'll find they are wholly unsuitable for your purpose - to simply copy protect DVDs, without in any way hindering playback on either PCs or standalone DVD players:

"DriveCrypt Plus Pack DCPP = This is a Full disk encryption software package which encrypts the operating system, and allows pre-boot authentication. The user can enter a password on computer start up, before the operating system boots up."

"SafeBoot Content Encryption - All that "bothers" the users is the authentication dialog, from time to time."

Comment

• ormonde
                  Digital Video Explorer
                  • Dec 2003

jaycute

What "setarip" indicated regarding "DriveCrypt Plus Pack" and "Safeboot" is true if you are specifically dealing with digital video. However, in your initial post you did not indicate whether or not you were dealing with "Video" or "Data". The aforementioned programs will provide encryption of both fixed drives as well as "Removeable" media (CDs; DVDs & Floppy disks) if you are seeking to protect "Data".

Comment

Working...