Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bronx Bull
    • Jan 2005

These K-Hypermedia discs...

I saw in the office max ad last week some DVD+R discs, $2.99 for a 25 pack, which is so cheap, so i got them. I backed up one of my movies and the thing starts like freezing, skipping and going crazy. The mfr. is the CMC_MAG, which is known not to be good. My question is, i bought some HP DVD+R's which are also CMC-MAG, and every single one has had a 100% success rate. (100 of them) Are these the K-Hypermedia discs causing the problems or what?
    "Gimme a stage where this bull here can rage"
  • The Bronx Bull
    • Jan 2005

oh yes, and i burned both types of discs at 4X, seeing as they both support it. The K-Hypermedia ones support up to 4X and the HP's support up to 8X, but i still only burned them at 4.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"I backed up one of my movies and the thing starts like freezing, skipping and going crazy. The mfr. is the CMC_MAG, which is known not to be good. My question is, i bought some HP DVD+R's which are also CMC-MAG, and every single one has had a 100% success rate. (100 of them) Are these the K-Hypermedia discs causing the problems or what?"

You've answered your own question...

Comment

• The Bronx Bull
        • Jan 2005

But you see, i was told that each mfr. makes all the same discs, meaning these two would be equal, correct?

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"But you see, i was told that each mfr. makes all the same discs, meaning these two would be equal, correct?"

Nope - A winery may make many types and qualities of wine, a butcher sells different quality (grades) of the same cuts of beef, bottlers make different flavors of sodas and, disc manufacturers make different quality (different dyes, different burn speed ratings, and/or poor production runs) burnable media...

Comment

• DVD_Burner_911
            • Mar 2005

Do NOT waste your money on these, I had to throw away a whole spool of 25. Get a Sam's card and buy Verbatum.

Comment

Working...