Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steelhed
    • Nov 2004

OK, So I got DrDivx to work but, Need Help Please

I was able to take "Shanghai Knights", and convert to AVI from a DVD, But, The sound was outta sync... And how do you deal with the DVD interface being there, I think thats why it was outta sync... Any help would be appreciated...Thanks
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"The sound was outta sync"

Visit the following link for some helpful information regarding this issue:

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

A) If the difference between audio and video is constant throughout the video:

Load the file into VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod, or NanDub.
      Set BOTH "Video"(VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod and NanDub) and "Audio" (VirtualDub and NanDub - VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list") to "Direct Stream Copy".
      From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Interleaving" (For VirtualDubMOD, rightclick on the listed audiostream and then select "Interleaving")
      Under "Audio skew correction", set an appropriate number of milleseconds (positive or negative) in the box labelled "Delay audio track by"
      Save with a new filename

B) If the difference increases as the movie plays:

From under the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Framerate" - and select "Change so video and audio durations match"
      Save with a new filename

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Steelhed
        • Nov 2004

I'll be giving it a shot here soon... Thanks for the response, I'll post what happens, again thanks..

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"Thanks for the response"

My (Our) pleasure ;>}

Comment

• Steelhed
            • Nov 2004

Well, this one got even uglier, so I went back to using the movie I first was using, Shanghai Knights, Cause there were about 59 total .VOBs in Shanghai Noon, and I obviously picked the wrong one because alls I got was a menu through the whole movie..LoL I'll try this movie and report back...

Comment

• Steelhed
              • Nov 2004

"From under the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Framerate" - and select "Change so video and audio durations match"
              Save with a new filename"

I dont see this value in Dr Divx, there's a framerate tab, but alls it has is 1/3 1/2 and X1 properties... Unless you were talking about a different program.. ANyways, I'm gonna give it a nother go, this is getting painful, 2hours evertime, I can't wait til a better program comes out this kinda sucks...LoL

Comment

• Steelhed
                • Nov 2004

OK, So no success with Dr Divx as I have hyperthreading, and cannot disable it in bios, So I tried Simpledivx, Like Tiger said he uses, and it's going to take 21 hours to encode, I cannot deal with that, I'd rather not do this at all.. SO I'm gonna try a couple more programs, and if that doesn't work, I'm done...LoL

Comment

• Steelhed
                  • Nov 2004

OK, So I tried AVS converter as well, nuttin but crashing... I've got one more program to try, and if it sucks too, I will just give it up, It's not that big a deal anyways, I can burn DVD's, and with Vegas extract certain VOB files that I can use for my music stuff I play, I guess I won't be too heartbroken, But it does still suck that noone can make a sure product for doing this....

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

RE-read my posting CAREFULLY - as it DOES NOT refer to Dr.DivX:

A) If the difference between audio and video is constant throughout the video:

Load the file into VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod, or NanDub.
                    Set BOTH "Video"(VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod and NanDub) and "Audio" (VirtualDub and NanDub - VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list") to "Direct Stream Copy".
                    From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Interleaving" (For VirtualDubMOD, rightclick on the listed audiostream and then select "Interleaving")
                    Under "Audio skew correction", set an appropriate number of milleseconds (positive or negative) in the box labelled "Delay audio track by"
                    Save with a new filename

B) If the difference increases as the movie plays:

From under the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Framerate" - and select "Change so video and audio durations match"
                    Save with a new filename

Comment

Working...