Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hoops2785
    • Jul 2002

Need Help...

Hi. I am not too good with electronics and I need some help starting off. I have a DVD player and CD-ROM on my comp. I am interested in burning movies (divx files) onto a DVD. First of all, is this possible? If it is, what type of DVD do I need and what other programs are necessary? Also, how many hours does one DVD hold. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
  • Hekke1664
    • Apr 2002

I f you want to burn DVD disks you'll have to buy a DVD-RW drive. If you're lucky you'll find one for "only" 500€. The software to backup a dvd is useally included. When you burn other software on it, it can hold up to 17Gb.

Comment

• hermanthegerman
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Apr 2002

With your system it is not possible to write on a DVD-R. As Hekke said you need a DVD Burner for this, though I don't agree with his 17GB. Only commercial produced DVDs are capable of holding up 17GB, using double sided dual layer technologie. As far as I know there is currently no DVD Burner available to burn the second layer, at least for a resonable price. Standard DVDs hold only 4.7GB.
      But you mentioned to burn Divx. With divx it is possible to burn a 120min DVD movie onto a single standard CDR. So there is no need to burn on a DVD.

Servus,
      hermanthegerman

Comment

Working...