Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trustylez
    • Aug 2002

encoding help

i need some major help in encoding. I use FLASKMPEG. I calculate the bitrate using a bitrate calculator to be about 750 for a 2 hr movie. I dont however have mp3 as an option in my audio section. Do i need to install something or will the "PCM" option work just as good. The problem is now i get movies around 1.5 GB instead of 700 MB. ANy help would be great.
  • Diegoll2k
    South American DivXer
    • Mar 2002

PCM Audio is uncompressed, that's why your movies' final size is twice the expected. If you can't see the Audio Codecs (remember that MP3 can appear as "MPEG Layer-3" or "DivX Audio"), then reinstall the DivX codec you're using. Also, bear in mind that in Flask 0.594 you have to first select the Video Codec, click OK and then enter again for all audio codecs to appear (don't know why this often happens).

Comment

• rfs830
      • Jul 2002

also try out the help guides at this site. That is what I did when i started out. Also you need to download a mp3 audio program that will encode to mp3. You may want to try Radiun. It can be found in the downloads section of this site. But try the guides. They tell you everything you need to know. Better yet just go and use Gordian Knot. You will never go back to Flaskmpeg after you use that. Hope that may help a bit.

Comment

• trustylez
        • Aug 2002

thanks i downloaded radium and everything is cool now

Comment

Working...