Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AreZ
    • Aug 2002

Scanlines

Oke i'm pretty new at this but I am getting into this... I'm busy encoding a anime rip. I have ripped the vob's with smartripper ... okay that went wll ... also the encoding went well with both FlaskMPEG and GKnot, but encoding with FlaskMPEG had a good result but poor quality and encoding with GKnot had good quality, but had black lines through the clip at surtain movements (like scanlines) ... How can I get rid of them cause it is possible because I didn't had that problem with FlaskMPEG only with GKnot (DVD2AVI)

Now I tryed to make the best output with FlaskMPEG and improve it with Virtualdub ... but the result was much better with GKnot (DVD2AVI) except for the "scanlines" part ...

DVD Info

PAL Region 2, 4:3

Hope someone can help me out ... thnx alot for reading this ... know the answer

EDIT: Ohyeah almost forgot .. I used the search but it didn't helped me very much so ...
  • Erci
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Nov 2001

You're problems seems to be that you have a interlöaced source and FlaskMpeg automaticly choosed deinterlace.
    If this is the problem choose fast deinterlace (with GK 0.26.1) when you save your avs file.
    You can check in DVD2AVI if the source is interlaced. If it says interlaced under frametype and you get the same black lines there the problem is interlaced artifacts, if not I can't help you.

//Erci
    DVD Backup Guide

Comment

• AreZ
      • Aug 2002

YEAH!! I've made a perfect rip now! I'm totally satisfeid except there is one thing ... the size.

I wanted a 170mb file and got a 240mb file.

I used 128kbps 48000hz MPEG-3 sound (16/kb/sec)
      And 860 Bitrate Divx 5

I calculated it with GKnot and Adv.Bitrate calculator and they both told me these settings will be allright

Comment

• hacker_on_fire
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Mar 2002

u could try encode the audio in wma @ 64kbps for equal quality.
        MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

How 2 post questions correctly
        Look here before posting questions

Comment

• AreZ
          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by hacker_on_fire
          u could try encode the audio in wma @ 64kbps for equal quality.
          Yeah oke but that still doesn't solve my problem ... I think it did something with the quantizer ... normaly its 2 and 12 but I made the 12 a bit lower ... don't remember for sure but I think I did ... can that be it ... and so what settings should i use ...

Comment

Working...