MiniDv to DiVX (VirtualDub) no audio - help!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BusterDAN
    • Aug 2002

MiniDv to DiVX (VirtualDub) no audio - help!

Hi All.

I'm trying to sort out a strange problem with a MiniDv format AVI I have pulled across onto my PC using a Firewire card.

(So what's this got to do with DiVX?)

Well the problem seems to be that whenever I capture or playback MiniDV the video is pixelated around the edges. I have seen this before with DiVX movies but they are fine now. I have tried everything but no been able to rid myself of the pixelated video. I am running Win XP Pro with a Radeon 8500 graphics card and wasn't sure if the problem was there.

Anyway I decided to true to see what the quality was like in VirtualDUB...I couldn't load the AVI direct so I used AVISynth. To my surprise the video playback was top quality, very shape and no pixelation.

The problem is that VirtualDUb doesn't seem to pick up the audio stream from the MiniDV Avi.

Ultimately I'd like to convert the MiniDV avi to DiVX...but I also need to get the video and audio onto VHS tape. Once I have the audio the DiVX should be fine...presumably I am missing some filter that VirtualDub needs?

Alternatively is there anyway to get FlaskMpeg to convert a MiniDV AVI (hopefully that will pick up the audio)

Many thanks for your help
Working...