Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ivwshane
    • Feb 2002

Error before rec with xmpeg

Hi, I'm trying to use xmpeg using the dvd to divx guide but on the very last step I keep getting an error.

I'm doing a two pass encoding but when I hit the record button I get this error;

"An error ocurred when trying to generate the file. Check that you're not using the output file or the program is setup correctly."

I've done everything in the guide exactly how it is written but I ccan't get past this error.

Any idea's?

Oh and nothing else is running.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Re: Error before rec with xmpeg

Can you elaborate more on what you are doing, whether you are doing 2-pass or 1-pass encoding mode, whether you have an AVI file that you are going to overwrite with the operation highlighted and previewed, etc.?

Comment

• ivwshane
      • Feb 2002

I have a dvd that I ripped with smart ripper and I'm using xmpeg and I have it set to 2 pass encoding for divx5 with mp3 audio.

I have the "2 pass, first pass" set to a bitrate of 2000 and the log files are both set to the same directory as where the new divx movie should go.

On the "2 pass, second pass" I have it set to the same bitrate and the log files are the same as the above. All other settings are the same as above.

whether you have an AVI file that you are going to overwrite with the operation highlighted and previewed
      I'm not sure what you mean but I'm not trying to overwrite any existing file, I have no existing file except for the dvd vob files and the IFO files.

If you need more info let me know.

Comment

• ivwshane
        • Feb 2002

Please for the love of God someone help me

Comment

• rfs830
          • Jul 2002

Use GKnot. I works alot better then Xmpeg. I have used Xmpeg and did not like it and it always make the sound off. Gknot is hard a first to learn but you will never use anything else after it.

Comment

• De Joker
            • Aug 2002

Are you by any chance using win xp pro, because after i upgraded to win xp pro i got the same error. After i ran the windows update (thanks to pebetz) and updated all the critical updates the error dissapeared.

Comment

• ivwshane
              • Feb 2002

Nope, I'm using win2k with service pack 3.

Comment

Working...