Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gondo
    • May 2002

Question about sync and AC3

I encoded one DVD using DVD2AVI and VFAPI to framserve to VirtualDUB. I then use DivX 5.02 and a 2-pass method. No cropping or resizing going on.

Then I use DVD2AVI to extract the AC3 file. I then use VirtualDUB/NanDUB to interleave the vidoe to the AC3. I use the delay given by DVD2AVI of -83ms, I use no preload, and interleave every 1ms and save as AVI. Then I play the final AVI and it works like a charm.

Well I am trying another DVD with the same method and the AC3 audio is out of sync. THe audio is constantly out of sync from beginning to end while the video is flawless. I've tried Video - Adjust FPS so audio and video match. I've also played around with the skew correction to try and correct the problem but its so difficult.

Why does one DVD work fine while the other doesn't? ANy tips on how to correct my problem?
  • Gondo
    • May 2002

answering my own thread

Well I think I found my error. When I previewed my vobs in dvd2avi I hade forced film enabled instead of none for field operation. WHat this did was tell my the fram rate was 23.976fps instead of 29.970fps.

That's where I screwed up and why the audio is out of sync. If you have any input that may further help please please feel free to respond.

Well I'm off to try and correct my problem.

Comment

Working...