Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • weddlec
    • Sep 2002

ATI Blues-Problems w/ Gknot +MPEG2AVI

I have used Flask for about a year and the quality is bad. I capture with my All in wonder Radeon 32 DDR card. My goal is to capture MP2 at 640x480 and convert it into Dixv files. I run Win 2k and have tried GKnot and MPEG2AVI and cannot get video to encode properly. It seems to work until Virtuadub won't recognize the output. I have been through Guide after guide on Doom9 and Divx-digest but they are not helping me. I have no interest in AC3 or DVD ripping. I just want a standard Divx file with MP3 sound. I have all of the codecs that I need.

I want to start a library of all of my favorite tv shows. I don't have the space to capture uncompressed AVI, though. That is why I bought the All in Wonder. Flask works but the quality is not good enough.
  • Rooster6975
    Smart Chicken
    • Mar 2002

What do you mean Vdub won't recognize the output?

Does it run through the conversion and then come up with an error message? Or does it run all the way through and then when you try to play it, it comes up with an error message?

Please be more specific. I have never converted a captured MPEG2 image to divx, but the process should be identical. After all, DVDs are encoded in MPeg 2 and all you are trying to do is convert them to Mpeg 4.

cheers,
    Rooster.

Comment

• weddlec
      • Sep 2002

2 output problems

Virtuadub has problems with the file that MPEG2AVI creates. It either creates the video as being only about 12 seconds long or it will go ahead and encode the entire video, but will be entirely black with no picture. I get no error messages.

I was also confused about the audio as well. I am pretty well versed in Virtuadub, but Besweet and Gknot is confusing me. What is the least complicated way to get an MP3 out of my encoded MP2?

Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Rooster6975
        Smart Chicken
        • Mar 2002

Here is something you can try...

Normally, I would use VirtualDub to extract any audio, but you have said that it is not working for you. They next best tool is GraphEdit, which I heard is often used to extract audio from stubborn movie files.

Follow this guide :

There is a second guide which also deals with the same tool on the same site. You may equally want to check it out :

Good luck,
        Rooster.

Comment

• weddlec
          • Sep 2002

Thanks

Thanks for your help but due to my drive space I have to avoid uncompressed AVI files. I posted a new message on the main Conversion/Encoding board. I would rather use Vdub.

Comment

Working...