Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glanz
    • Aug 2002

filters ?

this may be a stupid quesion but what exactly are filters used for i see so many different types of filters for virtual dub and avisynth do they really make a difference in quality enough to go get some of them.

and is avisynth just another program similar to virtual dub i wast really sure about that

thanks
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Re: filters ?

Originally posted by Glanz
    this may be a stupid quesion but what exactly are filters used for i see so many different types of filters for virtual dub and avisynth do they really make a difference in quality enough to go get some of them.
    In general filters are used for any kind of modifying the source video before compressing it. This includes, chropping, resizeing, flipping, colorspace modifications, noise reduction, deinterlacing, inserting and removing logos, and much more.

By your question I assume you're thinking about noise filtering. For DVD's I don't think there is much use for noise filters, because there isn't much noise, and noise filters will always add some blurring. But for TV captures, noise reduction filters are very usefull.

and is avisynth just another program similar to virtual dub i wast really sure about that
    No avisynth is just a frameserver, meaning that it can be used for reading a video source, preform filtering and pass the uncompressed frames on to other programs, like virtualdub. But Avisynth can't encode anything on it's own.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Glanz
      • Aug 2002

ok thanks have u ever had any expierence using donald grafts logo filter and gotten it to work where would i find something like that maybe a guide or something

Comment

• khp
        The Other
        • Nov 2001

ok thanks have u ever had any expierence using donald grafts logo filter
        No, I don't believe in such folly.
        Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
        http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Glanz
          • Aug 2002

yeah it is kinda gay i dont think ill bother with it its too much work

Comment

Working...