Do I have to use another Audio program for more sound?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Munk
    • Dec 2001

Do I have to use another Audio program for more sound?

Hello all,

I am new to the whole DVD encoding thingy. I am using XMPEG to try and encode some movies.

My question is this: How do I get the sound louder?

Do I have to use something like "VirtualDub" to do this? Sounds like a big waste of time to use one program to do the Video and Audio and then a second program just to make it louder. It seems like the audio boost should be built into XMPEG and actually is available when a simple "Audio Playback" is being used.

If I should be using another offshoot of the Preview version of Flask then let me know.

Please Help!!

Thank you all and Merry Christmas!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"Do I have to use something like "VirtualDub" to do this?"

Presently, that would seem to be the case.

Comment

• D_75
      • Dec 2001

An idea

I'm not going to be an ass and say "But an amplifier" like that one guy did when I asked the same question, but I do have an idea that may help if your willing to wait that long.

The only think I can think of trying right now is to extract the audio out of the divx, and take it through a sound app like "Cool Edit 2000" or "Sonic Foundry Vegas", amplify the audio levels, and then save the edited wave file. Afterwards, use Virtual Dub again, direct stream copy the video, but use the newly processed audio clip and join the files back together.

The BIG problum with this is the amount of disk space you'll need to use while working with a WAV file that could be in the GIG range, or the likes.....

In all, the task would probably take you about an hour to 90 mins just to pull off.

Personally, I wouldn't go through the trouble, and I'd find a better way to make it louder....

Um...if nothing else, do like that ass did and get an amp...or a nice set of headphones.

Comment

Working...