Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • weddlec
    • Sep 2002

How Do I encode 2-Pass in MPEG2AVI?

I want to encode using the 2-pass method. I want to use MPEG2AVI instead of Virtuadub. I can encode the first pass but I do not know how to take the first pass and make the final video.

I can do it by just going straight to 2nd pass without doing the first one but the quality is not that great.
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Re: How Do I encode 2-Pass in MPEG2AVI?

Originally posted by weddlec
    I want to encode using the 2-pass method. I want to use MPEG2AVI instead of Virtuadub. I can encode the first pass but I do not know how to take the first pass and make the final video.
    To do two pass encoding, you must do the first and second pass on the same source with the same settings. The first pass creates a logfile (C:\divx.log by default) which is used by the second pass.

I can do it by just going straight to 2nd pass without doing the first one but the quality is not that great.
    This will always give you crappy results. If you don't want to spend the time on two pass encoding, you should use 1-pass.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• weddlec
      • Sep 2002

Virtuadub bogged down when editing a 2 pass file

I got the 2 pass to work, but when I open the file I can only slide the slide bar for the first minute, andf then it all but locks up. WHat is a smoother way to do this.

I have plenty of RAM and a fast harddrive. I am running Win 2k.

Comment

• khp
        The Other
        • Nov 2001

Re: Virtuadub bogged down when editing a 2 pass file

I got the 2 pass to work, but when I open the file I can only slide the slide bar for the first minute, andf then it all but locks up. WHat is a smoother way to do this.
        It could be because you are not doing both passes properly.
        You have to run it first with '2-pass first pass' then with '2-pass second pass'.
        Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
        http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

Working...