fixing a/v sync in virtualdub; plz help!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cuibono
    • Nov 2002

fixing a/v sync in virtualdub; plz help!!

I have a bunch of anime divx files with a/v sync problems. The problem seems to be that the fps needs to be 30.011 to match the audio, but it is set to 29.97. I dont know why it turned out that way, my non-anime divx stuff comes out fine. I use Flask, and sometimes Xmpeg.

I found an article here at Digital Digest that tells you how to fix this problem using VirtualDub. The directions tell me to:

1. open the file
    2. use direct stream copy for audio and video
    3. use the C * T / A * 1000 formula (C = difference between correct fps and encoded fps; T = total time of clip in seconds; A = encoded fps)
    4. enter result of formula in milliseconds in the time offset box of Frame Range options
    5. save as AVI

Doing this does absolutely nothing. The resulting file is identical to the original, except it is a few KBs different in size.

I've tried the above using Full Processing modes. I've also tried going into Framerate to change the fps to 30.11. Again the resulting file is identical to the original.

This is driving me mad. Could someone please tell me how I can fix the sync problems? I've downloaded and tried the various a/v sync apps available here, they don't work, I would prefer to use VirtualDub. I dont mind having the files run at 30.011 fps.
    Last edited by Cuibono; 2 Nov 2002, 06:51 AM.
  • Mosthated
    • Jul 2002

Try this site, it might help you out. GL!

Comment

Working...