Help! How to DVD->DivX a little part at a time?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • galer
    • Nov 2002

Help! How to DVD->DivX a little part at a time?

Hello!

I just try to explain my problem hoping someone may help me.

I succeeded in making DivX with Gordian Knot which I find to be a wonderful program and very easy to use too.
    But my computer is not that beast and it takes a long time completing a DVD to Divx conversion.
    Now I wouldn't want to keep my computer on and busy for days or lose the whole job for some power failure, electrical storm etc... so I did the following :

I encoded one vob at a time (in different days of course!) which takes some hours for each then I tried to join the AVIs with VirtualDub.
    Well, first it said it didn't like VBR audio so it modified the header and so (how nice) the audio went out of sinc. Then it moaned the bitrates were different and couldn't join the files (although I used the same average bitrates in Gordian Knot for each file).

Where did I go wrong ?

Is there any way I can encode one piece at a time and then easily join everything using Gordian Knot and some other tool ?

And, is there some vob cutting tool out there that lets me split one .vob making me see the picture, frame or time of the movie where I'm going to cut ? The ones I tried just didn't...

Thanks in advance
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

You can simply tell GK to create the AVS file and then manually work with the encoding yourself.
    1. Load up the AVS file into Virtual/nandub (depending on which DivX codec you intend to use)
    2. Use the Mark In/Out buttons to specify the start and end of your encoding for that specific scene
    3. Configure your usual encoding procedure and start the conversion

Comment

Working...