Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IronLohan
    • Nov 2002

editing question

i have a divx movie that is 706mb long which is JUST a few megs larger than what my 700MB cds can hold. is there a way to burn that on or can i cut out the ending credits to save myself a few megabytes. what prog should i use for cutting out the ending credits?? i tried using virtual dub but then i dont know what to save it as...do i have to recompress it or what?
    thanks
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Nandub/Virtualdub. Read the guides for detailed information.

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

can i cut out the ending credits to save myself a few megabytes.
      Virtual/nandub will work perfectly for you.
      1. Open file in Virtual/nandub
      2. Set both Video and Audio tabs to Direct Stream Copy
      3. Use the Mark In/Out buttons to specify the start and end of the new file respectively. The end will be the scene just before the end credits appear
      4. Go to File -> Save as AVI and give a name to the new file

To Batman: would you actually bother to give more details to a procedure, instead of just pointing people to programs with which they have no clue on how to use? That way it will be more helpful and you will be making a real contribution to the forum.

Comment

• IronLohan
        • Nov 2002

what is causing the skipping of frames from the procedure you told me?? is there any setting i can play with to prevent the direct stream copy from skipping??
        thanks

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

What skipping frames?

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"i have a divx movie that is 706mb long which is JUST a few megs larger than what my 700MB cds can hold."

If your CD burner has the capability (most of the burners currently DO), you should be able to readily use "overburn" to burn the ENTIRE file to one CD...

P.S. NOTHING in the procedure detailed by Enchanter will cause skipping - it is the STANDARD protocol for splitting an .AVI video...
            Last edited by setarip; 26 Nov 2002, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Working...