• Show
Clear All
  • entropy354
    • Jan 2003

Xmpeg Questions

Xmpeg Questions... I've followed this tutorial exactly:
    Code:
    http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/articles/dvdtodivx_xmpeg.html
    Everything goes smoothly up until I get to almost the very last step when I'm choosing the audio codec. I can't choose "MPEG-3" or "DIVX ;-D Audio" because if I do when I try to encode it I get this error:

Code:
    An error occured when trying to generate the file. Check that you are not using the output file or the program is setup correctly.
    When I choose "Uncompressed ACM Audio," it works but obviously I don't want this because it's way too big. How can I fix the MPEG-3 error so that it works ?!

Also: Here's a quick n00b question. If I do encode it with Uncompressed ACM... and it goes through it's process. The finished output video isn't playable. What am I doing wrong?
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Process the audio separately and mux it later with the video created in XMPEG:
    1. Rip audio to WAV using Graphedit/Vob2audio
    2. If you wish, you can amplify the volume of the audio using an audio editor, such as Cooledit
    3. Convert the WAV to MP3 using an mp3 encoder, such as LAME
    4. Mux the MP3, with the video you have created, using nandub

To Create the required LST file, open a TXT file (renamed to LST) and input somethng like the following:
    x:\Folder\VTS_01_1.VOB
    x:\Folder\VTS_01_2.VOB
    x:\Folder\VTS_01_3.VOB
    x:\Folder\VTS_01_4.VOB
    x:\Folder\VTS_01_x.VOB (The last VOB in the series)

For extracting audio from one VOB file only, you don't need to go though the creation of a LST file.

Comment

Working...