Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sicae
    • Feb 2003

Two-part question about encoding DVD-->DivX

G'day, just a few questions, I've checked the most prominent guides and haven't really found the answers, so here goes:

1. With certain movies that I ripped to my HDD using SmartRipper in File Mode, there are two language/video trakcs overlapping each other at the end of the movie (usually a half minute before the credits). Any thougths?

2. I wish to output my movies to TV using an S-Video TV-out output on a video card I wish to buy (soon). Does the framerate matter? Why does FlaskMPEG tell me the file is 25fps when the input is 29.97fps? Is it better or worse if I encode all my movies in 29.97fps instead of leaving the original speed? And does it matter for interlacing problems?

Sicae
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Re: Two-part question about encoding DVD-->DivX

Originally posted by sicae

1. With certain movies that I ripped to my HDD using SmartRipper in File Mode, there are two language/video trakcs overlapping each other at the end of the movie (usually a half minute before the credits). Any thougths?
    You have a multi-angle DVD there. You will need to re-rip the movie, this time selecting only one angle that you wish to rip.

Originally posted by sicae

2. I wish to output my movies to TV using an S-Video TV-out output on a video card I wish to buy (soon). Does the framerate matter? Why does FlaskMPEG tell me the file is 25fps when the input is 29.97fps? Is it better or worse if I encode all my movies in 29.97fps instead of leaving the original speed? And does it matter for interlacing problems?
    NTSC is normally 29.97fps (for originally-FILM materials, 23.97fps) and PAL is 25.00fps. Use the framerate that is appropriate for your source.

Comment

Working...