Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • osuato
    • Apr 2003

cutting avi's to 1 cd

I am hoping this is an easy to solve problem. After reading the "cutting guide" I realized I have been doing it right but I have several problems. I have several divx movies (more like 20) that are all over 700MB, a common problem I am sure. I have been using VirtualDub and this has worked very many times.

I am stuck on a few movies due to an "improper VBR audio encoding" it says to save an uncompressed wav and reencode with a constant bitrate encoder. I fully understand hkow to make it a .wav with virtualdub, what do I use for the constant bitrate encoder? and how do I then use this as my audio in the new appended divx?

Thanks for your help I'm sure this isn't a very difficult problem.
  • SKD_Tech
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2003

For VBR movies you have to open them up in NanDub to get rid of the skew vDub gives you since NanDub supports VBR (Variable Bitrate)

Comment

• osuato
      • Apr 2003

Great that helped a lot, I'm still working on a few and I ran into one more problem, this time the divx had no keyframes... it is nuts. Is there a way to make keyframes in a divx because there is no way to edit it in virtualdub, it has trouble just compiling the thing.

2nd question: I have noticed that some blank cds hold more than others, maybe this is Windows rounding or different write-in on my burner/software. Does anyone know EXACTLY what a blank 700MB cd holds and if there is a brand that actually holds 701 or 702.

Again thanks for the nandub help.

P.S. I understand 700MB is 2^20*700= 734,003,200 bytes that is not the question, just which holds the most bytes and if there is a program that can read how much a blank cd holds (Nero, CloneCD, etc.)

Comment

Working...